The Big Picture
Here are the basics:
- You do not need to provide any personally identifying information in order to use Play&earn, however your personal information is needed in order to participate in the Play&earn rewards program
- We collect information about you and how you use Play&earn.
- We use this information to make Play&earn better.
- We protect your privacy and NEVER share this information with third parties without your permission.
Read on for details.
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY
Play&earn is pleased to release this beta version of our product. The beta release provides an opportunity for you to try Play&earn earlier than the general public and provide valuable feedback that will help us make Play&earn better. Your direct feedback and comments are valuable, especially when combined with information automatically gathered about how you use Play&earn. To that end, Play&earn collects key information that helps us improve the product and to deliver the Play&earn rewards service. Some of this information may be personally identifiable information about you (e.g., your email address, login on Facebook, sites you visit). We may also collect personally identifiable information about you in ways that don’t involve Play&earn products and services – for instance, if you send us an email with your phone number in it. We also collect information about your use of Play&earn and the configuration of your system. While this information is collected anonymously (no personally identifiable information is associated with it in our database), it may still be possible to associate the collected information with you (e.g., through heuristics or in combination with third-party data about you). However, it is our policy not to make such associations, and to make it difficult to determine such associations.
By agreeing to participate in this beta test, you are agreeing to allow Play&earn to collect these and other data points and transmit them to Play&earn's servers. If you don’t want us to track this information, you have three options:
- For temporary periods during which you do not want information collected, open a browser window in Private or Incognito Mode, which can be accessed from the Play&earn toolbar or the menu on Windows and from the File menu on Mac. We never track or collect usage data from a window while it is in Incognito Mode. Browsing in Incognito Mode may result in you not accruing Play&earn rewards for your activity (e.g. searching or shopping).
- Remove Play&earn from your system and do not participate in the beta program.
Among the kinds of information we track, without limitation, are the following.
- Which Play&earn features you use and how often (for instance, how often you use the privacy button, shop button, share button, search feature, etc.)
- The amount of time that Play&earn runs and the amount of time it is active
- Play&earn crashes and associated conditions around the time of the crash
- What you’ve selected for certain Play&earn preferences and options (for instance, whether or not you run Play&earn in full-screen mode)
- How often you use the omnibox / address bar to perform a search, whether you accept omnibox / address bar suggestions, and which ones
- Which other Internet browsers run on your system, and which browser is set as the default browser
- Your screen resolution, operating system version, CPU and memory configuration of your machine, and other configuration information
- The number of tabs you have open (but not the sites you have open in those tabs)
- Which partners and pages you visit so we can better tailor and offer you customized rewards
If you open a window in "Privacy" or "Incognito" mode, no data from that window will be collected or sent to Play&earn, and all data from that window including history and cache generated by activity in that window will be deleted as soon as you close that window.
Thank you for your participation in our beta test. Your contributions will help us make Play&earn a great product.
Information Collection and Use
In this policy, when we say we "collect" information, we generally mean that the Browser keeps track of the information locally and then periodically uploads it to our Metrics Service. The Metrics Service stores the information persistently in a database for later use. When we say we "use" information, we generally mean that we store it, retrieve it, parse it, aggregate it, analyze it, report on it, combine it with information from other sources, and do similar transformations and analyses in pursuit of understanding how users in aggregate use Play&earn and how we can make Play&earn better.
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our services, features, and content.
- Your Personal Information. When you communicate with us or use Play&earn, we may collect personally identifiable information about you. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). For instance, if you email us requesting support, you’ll provide us with your email address so we can respond to you. Personal Information can also include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, IP address, or home address. (We might not ask you for all or any of these things, but you might provide them to us without our asking – for instance, in an email to us.) We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the Services and to respond to your requests for support.
- Non-Identifying Information. We also collect other information that you provide or that is provided to us about you when using Play&earn (e.g., without limitation, what search engine(s) you use, and your individual preferences, your interest data when signing up for our mobile apps, etc) ("Non-Identifying Information"). We may also collect Non-Identifying Information about your age, gender, and city or zip code when you log into the product or even if you've just downloaded the product, but have yet to register. For instance, when you log in with your Facebook credentials, Facebook might tell us you’re a 29-year-old male from ZIP code 78701. This information comes from the data you’ve supplied in your Facebook profile and agreed to share with applications like Play&earn. This information on its own isn’t enough to identify you specifically. For our beta test, we also collect all the categories of information listed in the "Please Read This Carefully" section above. All this information is considered Non-Identifying Information.
- How We Use Your Information. We don't sell your Personal Information. We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) to provide you with and improve Play&earn, and to respond to your requests for support. It’s also provided to help you earn Play&earn's and to know when Play&earn's should be paid out to you. Your Non-Identifying Information, such as device ID's and profile information can be made available by Play&earn and it's partners to help target ads to you. This is all non identifying information which you agree to sharing when you download any of the Play&earn applications. Any information that you provide to Play&earn either implicitly or explicitly can be used by Play&earn, it's affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners to help tailor services to you.
- Aggregating Information. We may aggregate the Non-Identifying Information we collect with similar information collected from other Play&earn Users to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of Play&earn, and to analyze and understand how Play&earn is used. We may also use information you provide without aggregating it to serve you specifically; for instance, to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- Demographic Profiling. We might also use non-aggregated information for development or demographic profiling purposes, but any such use would not be personally identifiable. For instance, we might combine the information Facebook sends us about your age, gender and ZIP code with the data Play&earn sends us about your usage habits to find out more about which groups of people use specific Browser features. As an example, we might do this to get a sense of how many people aged 18-21 use the share feature, but not who those people actually are.
- Newsletters and Marketing. We also may use your Personal Information to contact you with Play&earn newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you, either generally or in your capacity as a participant in our beta program. If you decide at any time you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. (See "Changing or Deleting Information" below.)
- Log Data. When you visit the Play&earn Web Sites (like www.Play&earn.com), whether you’re using Play&earn or as a non-registered user just visiting, our servers automatically record information your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This is different from the information Play&earn will send us as part of the beta test as described in the "Please Read This Carefully" section at the top of this Policy; here, we’re talking about information that’s automatically collected by our web server in order to show you pages on the Play&earn Web Sites. This data is collected whether or not you use Play&earn, but only when you visit our website. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, the web page you were visiting before you came to our Sites, pages of our Sites that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Sites, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Sites and the Service and for the Sites’ technical administration, to increase our Sites’ functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Sites meet the criteria required to process their requests.
- HTTPS. When visiting websites with Play&earn services enabled you may from time to time see Play&earn services render on HTTPS pages. It's important to note that in cases when Play&earn is rendering services on HTTPS pages, Play&earn will never collect any page data or PII. Play&earn only renders its services on HTTPS pages to provide additional value added Play&earn services in the form of points offers, deals or savings opportunities. We are always very transparent and services will be branded as Play&earn for your identification.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Play&earn cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties that we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal processes (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Play&earn or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
As the information we collect and store is non-identifiable and anonymous, it may be difficult (if not impossible) for us to locate and delete the data we’ve collected about you. If you would like us to delete any records associated with you in our system, please contact us and we will attempt to accommodate your request if we can locate the records, and if we do not have any legal obligation to retain the records. See below for privacy contact information.
Play&earn is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email, Facebook message, or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected]&earn.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files to the extent possible. (See Changing or Deleting Your Information above.)
Our Policy Toward Children
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected]&earn.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.